Friday, November 18, 2016

Four Mini Quilts

For the last two years, I have been the president of the Greenville Modern Quilt Guild (and vice-president for two years before that).  It has been a joy to see our guild grow and flourish and I have built strong friendships with some wonderful women.  I am happy to step down at the end of the year and hand over the reins to our new president.

During my presidency, we grew from 7 members to 54, became a non-profit, and joined the Modern Quilt Guild.  We were a new guide so we did not have much money to bring in speakers and therefore relied on our own members for our content.

I am in awe of the talent that we have in our group and so grateful for them to have shared their talents and their time for our guide.  I wanted to make a special thank you for each member that contributed to the group that held a chair position and/or presented a presentation, tutorial, or workshop in 2015 and 2016.

Today, I would like to share four mini quilts that I gifted some of our members.

The first mini quilt went to a member who (in addition to many other things) taught a paper piecing workshop.  I used the pineapple block I made for the free pineapple block template I have up on Craftsy and finished it into a 6" x 6" finished mini.  I straight line quilted the mini following the seams in the block.



The next mini quilt went to a member who taught a gentle curves workshop and a tutorial on facing a quilt.  I used the block I made in the workshop to make this mini adding some gentle walking foot curvy lines and some facing.  It finished at about 10" x 14".



I made a mini for our vice-president who also had taught a tutorial on raw edge appliqueing while quilting.  She likes bright colors and whimsical details so hopefully she likes this 6" x 8" mini made using the technique.   



The final mini I am sharing today goes to our secretary and webmaster extraordinaire.  For this 8" x 10" mini I used a block I had made in Bill Kerr's modern quilt design class from QuiltCon 2015 along with some of the fancier stitches on my Bernina.



I hope that my gratitude for our wonderful Greenville Modern Quilt members comes through with these little gifts.

I am linking up to Link a Finish FridayWhoop Whoop FridayThank Goodness Its Finished FridayFinish It Up FridayFabric Frenzy Fridayand Show Off Saturday @ Sew Can She.




15 comments:

  1. Hand made gifts with such thought and design in each one, they are real treasures, and I'm sure will be accepted with much gratitude and happiness. Thank you for sharing with us.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a wonderful idea and a great thank you to those generous contributors, I don't know about you, but when I see something someone's made through been shown by me, I get very happy inside!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's such a sweet gesture. I love how much detail and thought you put into them. Congrats on finishing two years - from one former Pres to another, that's a huge accomplishment!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cheryl, these are beautiful gifts for your fellow guild members. It's nice to be able to show those around us how much all the hard work they do means to us.

    ReplyDelete
  5. How thoughtful of you to make these lovely gifts with so much thought behind each one! I know they are "quilt worthy" and will cherish them! great job!

    ReplyDelete
  6. They are all great gifts, especially with all the personalization and thought that went into each one. I bet they'll all be treasured!

    ReplyDelete
  7. These are all so beautiful Cheryl. I love the different patterns and colours that you used. I also like the use of the different stitches on your machine.

    ReplyDelete
  8. These are all fun. My favorite it the second one!

    ReplyDelete
  9. These are beautiful, Cheryl! I'd love to hear more about how you grew your guild. I'm at about your starting point and I'd really like to have more than five people turn up to meetings. We're at nine months in.

    ReplyDelete
  10. It sounds like you have a wonderful group of women, Cheryl, and I am sure they will all appreciate the minis you made for them. And how awesome to have grown the group so much.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love the improv curves mini, they all make great gifts.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Lovely vibrant minis as thank yous. It's actually great that members are happy to take their turn on the committee , so often people are afraid to take in a role in case they can never step down (or it happens here)

    ReplyDelete
  13. That's such a great way to recognize and thank members of your guild. It's amazing how quickly a group can grow. I'm sure the recipients will love them and the thought you put into each of them.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Very thoughtful gifts. Very fun and pretty thank you's.

    ReplyDelete
  15. These are beautiful minis, Cheryl! So different from each other and perfect for the recipients.

    -Soma

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to leave a comment!